Wednesday, January 21, 2009

i had a dream

i had a dream two nights ago
one i can recall of course
most of the time i cant remember any of my dreams
it was of my late dad
since his passing nineteen years ago cant say i ever dreamt of him
ya off and on memories of him came to my mind but never in a dream
not that i was thinking of him more lately
so i was pleasantly surprised to find dad in my dream
i remembered him suffering symptoms due to lung cancer
problems with constant phlegm, breathing difficulties depriving him and mum of rest
going in and out of hospital back in our hometown
with su li close to 2 years old and carrying ming in my womb i couldnt make it back to hometown as often as i would like to
the last i talked to him was when i went back to my hometown during one of the school hols
he was at home then
lost his voice but we were 'talking' tho it was a strain to him
that was when he revealed he had been to church sunday school in the old old days under the missionaries ... ie when he was young..
i never knew that!!!!! well times spent with dad were few and short cos dad worked on two jobs in kl city and came back once a month for a day or two..
sometimes if work did not permit once in two months but the money he sent mum would be relayed to us through the company salesman who dropped by my hometown
when dad passed away i didnt make it to see him at the hospital

so in my dream when i saw him lying down
i moved towards him to see him, expecting to see his frail, gaunt face stricken and drained of energy coughing endlessly
BUT i was surprised!
I saw the healthy-looking, slightly flushed face of my dad - the face and undiseased body of my dad before he contracted cancer
oh dad is OKAY!!!! he even got up and we hugged each other
i felt so happy inside .... then hazy pictures...one clear one being..
a scene in a home with many people and dad was sort of speaking to people sharing the love of God!!!! some sort of a home meeting
WOW! isnt that great? a second surprise!
Though my husband and i shared the gospel of Jesus with dad on our last visit, he, with his barely audible voice expressed his intention to become a Christian but cant- citing the reason- my mum didnt believe so as a couple they should be together
So you understand why i felt even happier seeing dad in the final scene
well i am not trying to interpret the dream i had
i had in those years after my dad's passing prayed to God to let my dad come into my mum's dream to tell her he had gone on to be with God in heaven
there is this fascination among many asians about deceased loved ones 'contacting' thro dreams
how fantastic it would be cos then mum would be more open to follow Jesus and when it was time for her to go she would be able to be with dad!
that was what and how i wanted to happen.... but sorry no dream for mum about dad
even till my mum's demise more than a year ago
i woke up still walking on air
you know the kind of feeling you experience when something good has happened to you
SOMETHING GOOD HAS HAPPENED TO ME ... YES it s true
deep within us are matters and needs that we ourselves know not of except our beloved Maker
And i believe my Maker has made part of me whole again
who knows i may have another dream?????

3 comments:

  1. aunty kwan.. you must be very happy to be able to meet up with your dad..i wish i could meet up with my late grandma..hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope that we will see "gong gong" and "ah ma" in heaven some day.....:)

    ReplyDelete